Compare Phone System Types
|On Premise||Cloud / Hosted||Hybrid|
|Conference Bridge||Included in some systems||Optional||Included in some systems|
|Customizable Music / Commercial On Hold||Included in some systems||Yes||Included in some systems|
|Integrated Cordless Phones||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Music On Hold||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Phone APP||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Soft Phone – Answer Calls from PC||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports Conference Phones||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Visual Voice Mail||Yes||No||Yes|
|Voice Mail to Email||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Business Phones||Yes||No||Yes|
|Wireless Conference Phones||Yes||Optional||Yes|
Still Need Help Deciding?
Here are five questions that can help you determine what system might be right for you.
1. Does your company focus on long-term or short-term expenses?
- After three years of use, tends to be a better value
- Large one-time purchase and own
- First year expenses are generally lower
- Smaller ongoing monthly payments
2. Do you have IT resources?
- Your IT team will assume responsibility
- Local Applications and data
- Locally administrated systems
- Do-it-yourself upgrades
- Provider will be responsible for fixing issues
- Offsite applications and data
- Reduced system administration needs
- Provider Manages Upgrades
3. How is your company setup?
- One main office or building
- Localized Upgrades
- Storage and network already in place
- Multiple offices and/or buildings
- Upgrade Process is Simpler
- Private cloud connection or reliable and secure internet required
4. Do you need to integrate your phone system?
- Multiple integrations
- Growing and intricate
- Changing with communication both ways
- Few, or no integrations
- Specific and known
- Fixed and uni-directional
5. Has your company had experience with Cloud?
- Little to no experience with Cloud
- Business software is installed locally
- Cloud applications are seen as risky
- You’re currently using other cloud services
- Cloud model is understood and accepted
- Management approves support for Cloud